|Title: Tax Staff Accountant||Report to:Seniors, Supervisors, Managers, Partners|
|Job summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparation of various types of tax returns including but not limited to individual, fiduciary, partnership, corporation, charitable remainder trust, non-profit etc.; preparation and organization of work papers and tax projections; tax research and accounting|
|Salary range & benefits: Commensurate with experience, standard firm benefits|
|Hours required: 40 hours per week +|
Major responsibilities & duties:
- Prepare tax returns.
- Prepare tax projections.
- Research tax matters and summarize findings for reviewer.
- Proactively seek help from seniors, supervisors, managers and partners during preparation process.
- Possess an understanding of accounting and put together a balance sheet and income statement.
- Meet or exceed chargeable hour goals
- Gain full understanding of the firm’s software, policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
Requirements and qualifications:
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to complete multiple projects within time constraints and deadlines.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness with a positive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Has completed necessary units to obtain CPA certification
- Advanced degree in accounting/taxation is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- CPA certification is highly desirable but not mandatory.
Senior Staff Accountant
Responsible for preparation of various types of tax returns including but not limited to
individual, fiduciary, partnership, corporation, charitable remainder trust, non-profit, etc.
Preparation and organization of work papers and tax projections.
Tax research and accounting.
Specifically, prepare and self-review tax returns with minimal errors
prepare tax projections; identify tax return issues; research tax matters and summarize
findings for reviewer.
Demonstrate an understanding of accounting and put together a balance sheet and
Reconcile bank and brokerage statement and prepare adjusting journal
Train and assist first year staff with technical issues.
Review work of first year staff.
Demonstrate competence in communicating with clients.
JOB REQUIREMENT: MS in Accounting
JOBSITE & INTERVIEW: Mountain View, CA